Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE
Announcing the 2012 USBG-Campari ‘Best Apertivo’ Cocktail Competition!
Best Aperitivo: Use Campari and other base spirits from the Campari America portfolio in a drink representing the category of Aperitivo. A minimum of 1 oz. of Campari must be included in drink.
An 'Aperitivo' is a pre-meal drink whose scope is to stimulate appetite.
On Monday March 26th we will be holding our regional qualifier cocktail competition where 12 Colorado Bartenders’ Guild (COBG) bartenders will compete to create the ‘Best Apertivo’ cocktail using Campari.
Entry is limited to active USBG/COBG members. From all eligible submissions a double blind panel of judges will select twelve (12) finalists to compete in the live competition on Monday, March 26th at 6pm at Green Russell in Denver, CO.
Prize for each local winner will be the following:
· $650 + Campari Gift Package ($150 upon arrival in NYC)
· A trip for 1 to the Manhattan Cocktail Classic in NYC on May 11-May 14 (departure May 14) including roundtrip coach airfare and hotel stay during those dates
· compete at the Finals on Sunday, May 13, 2012 and attend celebratory event following competition
· $500 + Campari Gift Package
· $250 + Campari Gift Package
All recipes must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Sunday March 11th 2012. The 12 finalists who have been selected to compete in the live competition will be notified no later than Friday, March 16th 2012.
All active COBG members will receive an email with complete competition outline, rules, and a list of available spirits from the Campari America portfolio (other Gins, Vermouths, and Sparkling Wines permitted). If you are a COBG member in good standing and have not received an email pelase contact Mike Henderson at email@example.com
Cheers and good luck!
- Colorado Bartenders’ Guild (COBG)